Saturday, December 17, 2011

How do I break into the independent film scene?

How do I break into the independent film scene?


I have done two small independent films, I have stared in one film and had a small role in the other, neither of which paid. I am very interested in doing more independent films. I live in Pennsylvania, I am fourteen, male, and Caucasian. Should I get an Agent? How do I find a legit agent? If not how do I find out about casting calls?





p.s. I have tons of acting expeirence mostly on stage, I have taken formal classes, and I have natural talent.





Thank You!|||Check for local organizations for filmmakers in your area. Unfortunately, if you live outside Hollywood, the indie scene probably isn't going to make you much money, if any. Commercials and industrials may be more your bread and butter, plus paid theater if there are any paid or equity theaters in your area.





As for an agent, it depends on where you are in your career and abilities. It doesn't hurt to talk to an agent and ask them what they want in an actor. Make sure you talk to other actors from the different agencies and find out the pros and cons of each agency you consider. There can sometimes be shady dealings with agents.





You will need a professional headshot and resume. Don't skimp on the headshot like many beginners try to do. If you are in it for professional work, the headshot and resume are your best friend. Consider a demo reel as well, once you start making money.





I am a producer/director living in the Houston area. If you have any other questions, please feel free to contact me.





Regards,


David Peterson Harvey


Managing Director


thehiddenart.com|||craigslist sometimes has auditions for low/no budget films. Check the Tv/Video/Radio section.

No comments:

Post a Comment