Thursday, December 15, 2011

What type of film camera should I consider buying?

I would like a standard film camera. One that I can do the basics with, f/stop, shutter, etc.





I want a basic camera like the Nikon F10, or the Vivitar V3800N.


For now, I'm focusing on the prices. I don't want a pricey camera, but below $200 (the camera alone, or with accessories). Are there other good quality standard film cameras? |||Look for a good Nikon or Canon 35 mm with standard zoom lens for under $150 on craigslist in a city near you.





Sample near me:





http://phoenix.craigslist.org/evl/pho/92鈥?/a>|||Pentax K1000 or MX|||You would be hard pressed to beat a N90s with a 50mm F/1.8 lens.





|||The Pentax K1000 has been a standard student camera for decades. It's built like a tank, and will allow you to understand the basics very easily. |||I am not trying to dissuade you. I personally own a 35mm Canon Rebel. And I love it. But processing gets very expensive very fast. I am buying a digital soon because I refuse to be robbed every time I need to have film processed. They charge twice as much for a picture cd from film than from digital prints. So it costs me about $20 to shoot a roll of film. About $5 for the film, $10 for processing, and $5 for a picture cd if I order it. I don't know if you have considered this, but it is something to think about. When I get my digital, I will only use my 35mm for B%26amp;W film and only for special occasions. If this is not a problem for you, or you can do your own processing, then happily go with film. Otherwise, you might want to think twice.|||there are many brands that are excellent cameras. Among them are:





Nikon


Canon


Olympus


Yashica


Pentax


Minolta





and about 25 others. Look on www.keh.com so see the 35mm SLR brands and pick one of their's. they ahve a guarantee. What you get off of craigslist or Ebay might be more trouble than they are worth. |||No, go digital:)

No comments:

Post a Comment