Thursday, December 15, 2011

How do I get rid of pasta film left on my dishes and silverware?

I've recently been eating a lot of pasta and I run everything I use through the dishwasher. I've noticed that the forks that I'm using and the pots that I'm cooking in have a sort of cloudy film left on them that I can't get rid of. Any suggestions?|||We always lightly hand wash the dishes before the dishwasher. just to give everything a little lift, so the dishwasher can get it all. The pasta has a lot of starch in it which is what is leaving the film, also try spraying the pan with PAM- or non stick spray before cooking, or just put a table spoon of Olive Oil in your water.|||soak them before you put them in the dishwasher|||wash them by hand|||Soap and water with a little bleach added. I suppose you mean red sauce. It is hard to get out, but a lot of times the bleach does the trick. Rinse well.|||"Butlers Friend" is pretty good at removing marks on many things - buy at Supermarket


Or try WD40, which is amazing at removing marks off all metal and shiny surfaces. If this shifts it, wash dishes again in warm soapy water by hand to remove the fish oils in WD40.|||Check the bottom of the dishwasher make sure there is no starchy buildup from any pasta that may not have been rinsed off a plate.





Run an empty load with a cup of white vinegar to clean the inside of the dishwasher.|||Try soaking them in a bit of Lemon Juice.

No comments:

Post a Comment