Thursday, December 15, 2011

How close to the play is the film adaptation of Hedwig and the Angry Inch?

I am very familiar with the film adaptation of Hedwig and the Angry Inch and am trying to get my hands on the play. I know they were both written by the same person and that the film has more dialogue than the play does, but does anyone know how close the monologues in the film are to those in the play text? Even better still, are any of them word-for-word?





Please respond if you are familiar with BOTH the film and the play. I have not seen or read the play yet.





Thanks! :)|||I think of Hedwig every time I am listening to MIDNIGHT RADIO. Hedwig and the Angry Inch is a cult classic that didn't quite make the jump from Movie to West End though... I think the focus group was too narrow for general consumption.. just look at the success of Billy Elliot

No comments:

Post a Comment