Monday, December 12, 2011

What is the best way to capture audio for a student film?

Me and my friends enjoy making films. We made a very ambitious film in which we used a boom mic with a direct feed into the camera to capture the audio. This resulted in terrible and uneven audio. On our next film, we don't want to make the same mistake. I have heard we need to record the audio separately and Lavalier mics have also been suggested. Any good suggestions, or affirmations?|||You could use both lavileir and boom mic. That way (if your camera lets you) you can choose between the 2 different audio tracks while editing. I would stick with the boom though.





Also try hooking the boom up to a boom pole.|||This depends. I usually make student films by regular downloads but if your speaking of live music then I'd agree with the same advice given to you previously.

No comments:

Post a Comment