Saturday, December 17, 2011

How do I get rid of brown film on the inside of my new dishwasher?

We have well water and the film does not seem to get on the dishes,only on the white plastic interior. I use jet dry rinsing.|||I agree with the previous posters in recommending a lemon-based product, I have heard that unsweetened lemonade mix does a great job. I happen to use vinegar, I toss a few cups of it in during the rinse cycle once or twice a week to help repel the hard water deposits.





However, my real reason for answering this is to caution you NOT to do what a previous poster suggested. My brother nearly died (actually he did die twice, but they revived him) after getting a TINY amount of dried CLR on a cut on his finger. He was in ICU for a week. Do not use CLR on or near anything that could have any human contact or especially human ingestion! It is one of the most toxic poisons available on the market to the general consumer. Do not risk your life just to clean your dishwasher!|||try lemon juice ?|||Use a hard water/lime/scale deposit remover. Like CLR available at most grocery stores.





Hey Brooke (below), thanks for the warning!!! I take back my answer! Use Vinegar|||Cleaning a Dishwasher





http://www.thriftyfun.com/tf678441.tip.h鈥?/a>


There was too much to type, so go to this site, I believe you will enjoy reading it and will find one for you/.|||Green is the opposite of brown. You need to run the dishwasher with green paint in it to neutralize the brown stains.|||If you have sweetened/unsweetened drink mixes like kool-aid or CountryTime lemonade you can run a couple scoops or a packet of the drink mix in your dishwasher to clean the inside w/o harming anything..





The citric acid in the drink mixes dissolve deposits and stains.. PLUS they smell nice when run through the dishwasher I do this about once a month it cost(s) only pennies !

No comments:

Post a Comment