Thursday, December 15, 2011

What kind of battery and film does a Nikon FG 52mm film camera need?

My dad just gave me a Nikon FG 52mm film camera and there's no manuals or anything.


So I was wondering what kind of film and battery it needed.|||Wow!. Talk about an old school camera. My first camera was the Nikon EM, your camera's direct predecessor. My uncle gave it to me as a gift when I was about twelve years old because he was buying a new Nikon F4 that had autofocus capability. I still own the Nikon EM as well as a Nikon FM2. The EM, FG and FM2 are great cameras with which to learn core principals of photography. As for batteries, you can usue two 1.55V silver-oxide batteries (S-76 or SR-44 type), two 1.5V alkaline-manganese batteries (LR-44 type) or one 3V lithium battery (CR-I 3N type). Any of these should be available at your local drugstore.





"Old school" SLRs use the classic 35mm film that you should still be able to find at your local Walgreens\RiteAid\CVS as well as any photography store. ISO/ASA 100 or 200 is great for outdoor shots in good light and can work indoors with a flash. ISO/ASA 400 will work well as a general purpose film but a flash is still recommended indoors. ISO/ASA 800 or 1000 is better for fast action and low-light but a flash may still be needed depending on the exposure. There are "faster" film speeds but you may have to go to a photo shop to find them now that most people shoot digital. The FG is setup to "meter" for ISO/ASA speeds 12-3200.|||First of all The FG is a 35mm camera (takes 35mm film). The 52mm you see is the filter size on the lens.





The battery it takes is actually 2 (EPX-76 also SR-44). There is a single battery, but it sometimes caused issues with some Nikon cameras, so I recommend using the 2.





Here's more info on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment