Sunday, December 4, 2011

How do I choose the right film camera?

I want a film camera for my birthday, a really nice, quality piece of equipment under $300. There are so many to choose from and I don't know what I am doing. I am a beginner who is interested in taking photos of my children, friends and family during our special times together. It should be user friendly. Any ideas or reccomendations?|||First, I'm curious why you would want a film camera. The reason I ask is that with a digital camera, you can easily email pictures or upload them to a web site, so that you can share them easily and with people who can be anywhere in the world.





However, film cameras are still very good as long as you have somewhere nearby that can develop and print your photos in a reliable manner. Many labs, and even some drug stores that process pictures can give you a CD with the images on there.





Those things being said, here is a short list of possible cameras for you to consider:





Canon K2 kit with 28-90 lens


Canon T2 kit with 28-90 lens


Nikon FM10 kit with 35-70 lens (manual focus)


Nikon F80 kit with 28-80 lens (a little above your price range)





By getting an SLR camera with a "kit" lens, you can start shooting right away and learning how to use the tools. Then later, you might consider getting additional and perhaps better lenses to expand what you can do with the camera.





I hope this helps,





-Karl|||to start off being that you are a new-be, before you bye it you should go to your local camera store and put the camera or cameras in your hand and be shure it feels good in your hands, I have seen a lot of money on a camera outfit and they throw it in to a closet and they never use it because it did not feel right!.I be live if you look at Canon, Nikon. look for features that you find important! the first thing at least that I look for is how good is the quality of the lens is? Canon and Nikon make some of the best mad around and the electronics are among the best! last but not least get a good flash! this will make the different in having a great to a not so grest photograph! as your self what kind of photography do you want to do? that will help you to pick out the kind of lens you may need that will help you obtain the kind of photos that you want to get! I just met ion some of the basics, their is so much more to talk about! when you decide on some of the things I met ion please write back and I will be happy to help you out!





Thanks,





Bob

No comments:

Post a Comment