Sunday, December 4, 2011

How do I get the white film off of my baby avent bottles?

I have white film on my avent baby bottles after they dry. I have tried to swish salt and ice to remove it but it didn't work. I use town water.|||wash with a cloth|||dip the bottles in hot water and than try to remove it|||seltzer water will help remove mineral and lime film from glass, I used to work in a resturant and we always wiped down the glasses and candle globes with seltzer water to remove film and water spots, plus it is nontoxic|||You can try boiling them in store bought distilled or filtered water.|||Try boiling them in distilled water with a little bit of white viniger, town water can be really hard on some plastics and leave a film|||Hi, do you was them in a dishwasher? If so, try some Jet Dry. Or the Cascade tablets with Jet Dry. I have very hard water, and I was having trouble getting my sons sippers to come out clear and not oily feeling. The Jet Dry did the trick. Good luck!|||Can you boil them? If not I'm not sure.|||Sounds like you have hard water, we have the same problem. I noticed when I was using the sterilizer and tap water it made the bottles worse. If you are still sterilizing try using distilled water.|||vinegar and hot water.





my suggestion would be to not wash the bottles with your city water. i use medela sterilizer bags. toss the bottles, nipple, paci's in the bag with water, put it in the microwave and heat for 5 minutes. voila, clean bottles, no washing in dishwasher or sink.|||You have hard water...Try dr. Browns bottles they are better anyway...|||These bottles are not glass, so please do not use lime remover! This just happens to the bottles after so many washings. It doesn't mean they are dirty.... the plastic is just affected by your water or detergent. If it is causing that much of a problem for you, go out and buy a few new ones - or try a different brand.

No comments:

Post a Comment