Monday, December 5, 2011

How do I start making a film?

I have written and gone over my screenplay tons of times, and feel I am ready to start to turn it into film. I am not in college/university because I cannot afford it, meaning I can't really afford to buy a good camera and pay a crew. I know if I had the money and the people it would be great. I suppose my main question is how to get them? How am I supposed to know what everything costs? I have done lots of research on things and I just don't know where and how to start. I do have a camera, but it isn't very good. I know little about equipment, and little about editing. I can learn but I would rather not waste time doing so. I want this film to be beautiful. Part two of my question is once I do finish a film that I am satisfied with, what do I do with it? I saw many different film festivals, but they require it to be on a special format, and talking to people they are saying it would be more than my budget just to turn it into that format just to put it in the festival.|||Experience is the best teacher. Start by making short films of less than ten minutes using the equipment that you have.





Most festivals accept a DVD, so you only need access to a computer with a DVD burner.





Theater students will act in independent films for free if they believe that you know what you're doing. Having a demo reel of short movies will help to convince them.

No comments:

Post a Comment